So we’ve been considering how the world is changing and all the ways the music industry is responding to pandemics, streaming and, who knows, the metaverse to come, and we’re thinking of trying something.
First, we have a question.
If you could get:
1. Early admission to all shows on the spring tour.
2. A ticket to a secret show in a small venue in Los Angeles or New York and/or an intimate acoustic performance in your city
3. New live tracks, demos, rare songs (like, say, Echo Park or a live version of Graveyard) every month, which aren’t available anywhere else.
4. An interactive livestream with Mikel every month in which he talks through a new track for a new record the band is working on, plays it for you and goes into deep storytelling on his process, how he writes, word choice, melody, his thoughts on songwriting, the choices he and the band make.
5. The option to buy advance tickets for future shows before anyone else.
6. A livestream concert yearly, like for example, The Airborne Toxic Event with the San Francisco Symphony.
7. A signed vinyl 45” of the title track of our next record that you couldn’t buy anywhere in the world. and finally
8. You were considered something like a “founding member” which conferred certain advantages upon you like hearing all announcements of new shows, new music, and new projects first, (plus our wayward thoughts) — and the ability to do things like help us make set lists before shows and say, the guaranteed opportunity to meet the band.
Would you pay $10/month for something like that? If the answer is yes, please hit reply to this email, write your name and the word yes. Hit send.
No obligation. Just curious what you think.
That’s it for now.